Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Craftiness With A Side Of Sweat And Nostalgia

I'd like to say this weekend was fantastically exciting.

In reality, the only things that got me out of the house were a sushi date Sunday night with two old friends and clearance sports bras at Target.

As you can see, I totally went for the obnoxiously bright color scheme. I like my boobs to be fashionable while I sweat like a beast.  

While the rest of the population of 20-something year olds partied, socialized, and dressed in attire other than running shorts and sweatpants, I was doing what any certified homebody would be proud of.

Without further adieu, here are the Spark Notes of my weekend.

I signed up for a race... IN ENGLAND! It's only a 5K, but I'm dying for a PR (personal record)! And it will be my first race overseas! There's something kind of exciting about racing in another country. But then again, I'm going to be LIVING in another country soon, so I'm sure the novelty will fade sooner or later.

I have a few goals in mind for this race on top of the PR, but I'll go into those once we get closer to the race date. But I think this the perfect for my first race as an Expat in my new home city! It's only about a mile away from where I'll be living, and it's enough time in the future to get me out of my jet lag funk and accustomed to the colder temperature. Because let's be honest, Florida girl running in anything other than heat will be hilarious.

I got crafty! And when I say crafty I mean I started my 3 month overdue scrapbook from my time working for Disney Cruise Line.

Not going to lie, this is a very posed picture. To really grasp the concept of my craftiness you have to add about 800 more pieces of paper sprawled out across the floor and two cats sitting on top of whatever picture I needed at the time.

While on the ship, I bought a small scrapbook and started saving little tidbits, like my first (and last) bus ticket from Mexico (seriously, why did we take a bus in Mexico?) and post cards from Hawaii and Canada. Finally, after being home from over 3 months, I printed out 115 (not kidding) pictures from the shore excursions, parties, and all the times we probably should have been working!

After hours upon hours of sitting on the ground slaving away with scissors and Mickey Mouse stickers in hand, it's STILL NOT FREAKIN' DONE. In fact, I would say it's painfully close to being done but of course, I'm an idiot. I ran out of those stupid "sticky adhesive dots". I didn't buy an extra box in the mindset that I would "definitely have enough" and that I "wouldn't accumulate more stuff in my room while I'm trying to pack!"

The girl whose over prepared for everything, including probably a blizzard in South Florida, couldn't buy a $4 box of little sticky dots.

I ran! Not much more to elaborate on there! I did 3.6 miles on Saturday and 5 miles on Sunday. They felt amazing, minus the humidity and constant supply of bugs. I won't be sad to leave that behind once I make my way over to England.

I sold my car! It was probably one of the most bittersweet things I've ever had to do.

This is me and Kermit The Car on the day I got him! I had just come home from marching band practice. I was 16 and fully licensed... To drive... but not between the hours of 11pm and 6am.  
On one hand, selling Kermit The Car was the last big thing I had to do before moving to England, besides endless amounts of packing.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up a bit (a lot) when it was finally sold and gone. That was my first car! And while towards the end, Kermit caused me more grief than happiness, he's still my first car.

What today's Spark Notes have taught me is that I am a very lame person. But it could be worse; I could have spent the entire weekend on Pinterest... I'll save that for next weekend's adventures!

So while I was getting nostalgic over my high school car, what cool things did you do this weekend??

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I'd LOVE to go clearance sports bra shopping at Target! Soon you'll be shopping at Marks & Sparks like the rest of us expats :)

    Best of luck on prep for your first UK race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and Target is my favorite store I don't know what I'm going to do without it!! (and I know I know, I have to start typing "favourite" haha)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!