Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Friday, September 21, 2012

Thirsty For Untangled Necklaces??

This is how I spent the better half of my evening...........

Um.... There are no words....
I know at first glance it looks like a toddler started playing with the lunch bags in the kitchen... and at second glance it looks like I got drunk and threw around random stuff... and at third glance it still doesn't make any sense!

BUT... Interestingly enough, this is how I packed up my necklaces for that big, long, permanent trip of mine that I commonly refer to as "I'm moving to England." Have I mentioned that??

I got the idea from Pinterest, because yes, I am one of those people obsessed with Pinterest. Although, I'm not one of those craftaholics that makes their own shoe racks or Cookie Monster cupcakes. But if someone did want to make me the latter I would absolutely not get offended!

This trick is SO not complicated and it goes a little something like this.

Straw + Necklace = packing lifesaver! And yes, it's an owl necklace. 1 of about 500.

Traveling with jewelry is obnoxious sometimes; and they ALWAYS manage to get tangled! And although most of my necklaces are of the Forever 21 variety, it still sucks when they get tangled or break.

So thanks to Pinterest, my necklaces will remain in one piece. I just looped a straw through the chain and stuck it in a plastic bag. And PRESTO! It's an instant fix for traveling with endless amount of owl necklaces. Or not. This works for regular ones, too.

(Fun Fact: I have at least 11 owl necklaces. And that's just what I was able to count off the top of my head.)

And clearly I was so excited about this discovery, I thought I'd share it. Because it's amazing! And definitely helps with the whole "schlepping 22 years worth of belonging across the pond" thing.

Is it obvious that the top search on my Google is "how to pack to move to another country"?? 

What are some packing tips and tricks do you use that are insanely helpful?? Please share away, as I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!