Home About Me FAQs Races Contact

Thursday, July 19, 2012

3 Great Things

Okay I'm going to cut right to the chase: The past couple of days have been exciting and overwhelming to say the least so lets jump into it, shall we?

1. I used a guest pass to one of my friend's gyms to see if I wanted to get a gym membership again. I didn't love it. I know this doesn't sound so great and this post is entitled "3 Great Things", but just let me finish. I have been going back and forth in my head about wanting to join a gym again. I used to love going to the gym, especially for the classes. When I went to the gym yesterday, I honestly didn't love it. I thought I would instantly know that I needed to join the gym again, but I didn't get that feeling. I forgot how much I dislike the treadmill. I don't need a gym membership. It was great getting a change of scenery and experience a new gym, but now I can put the confusion of joining a gym to rest. I'll stick to running in the good ol' outdoors, thank you.

2. I got a package from Fiance! Part of long distance loving is sending cards and packages. It's not always necessary, but it's fun! So yesterday I received some gifts from England, and it put me in a great mood! It was filled with some chocolates that are very British patriotic for the Olympics ("Nuts for Gold" Cadbury Chocolate, and the "Brit Kit" spoof of the Kit Kat) and his team's football (soccer for the American side of the pond) jersey!

I've always been a total football girlfriend. I learned all the songs and everything, which you KNOW is hard to do if you've ever heard thousands of drunken British guys singing inaudible syllables!

And last, but certainly not least... probably the greatest bit of news for the week (maybe even for the month)...

3. I officially have my UK settlement visa! I know it seems like I haven't been waiting that long, but I have! It was such a process getting all of our "evidence" together for the visa and waiting on the outcome. There was always something in the back of my head reminding me that there was a possibly of my visa application getting denied. But those thoughts are long gone since I received the email yesterday that my visa has been issued and was being posted. I waited all morning for UPS to drop it off; I was super paranoid I would miss it since it required a signature. But my passport is back in my hands once again, and it's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I haven't told anybody yet because I wanted to make sure it arrived safely.


So it's official. This girl in charge of Running Across the Pond IS going to be running across the pond to England before the end of 2012! It was worth the wait.

Now to prep for the move... and the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love reading what you have to say, so feel free to leave a comment!